Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pictures of Thimphu Festival

100 Best Cities

Dear all, Welcome back. I had mentioned in my previous post that I will put up some photos of the Thimphu
Festival in my new post. Please find just a few of my shots taken at the Festival
hich I had attended on the 27Sep 2012.
It was actually held over three days in Thimphu, and the locals who live in the
Capital city, enjoy the three days as public holidays.

It was indeed a captivating experience with the various masked dances. There are usually about five
to six of such dances with different interpretations to the life events of Guru Rinpoche (Padmasambhava),
who spread Buddhism to Bhutan in the eighth century.
























If you like what you see, and want to experience the festival mood, the next upcoming festival that you could catch would be the Punakha Festival.

We have departures on the 11Feb, for 12D Nepal, and Bhutan.
Email me, olevia@gmail.com
Note that during this time, the sky is normally very clear, thus it is excellent for photography.

Dec - departures on Fri (7D Magical Bhutan)

Fly via Bangkok
Direct flights by DrukAir only depart on every Sunday, and Thursday.

Read about my blog -
http://inlovewithbhutan.blogspot.com

To harness the power of Skype
CLICK HERE

Thanks for coming back.

Olevia Cheong
olevia@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment